Come join the Art.sy Engineering Team
You are an incredibly talented engineer with a passion for changing the world, so I’m not going to waste your time saying things like “you must know HTML” and “we’re looking for rockstars.” Instead I’m going to tell you why Art.sy would be an amazing place to work, and I hope you’ll give me a chance to tell you more.
What is Art.sy?
In a sentence, Art.sy is like Pandora for the fine art world. Our goal: using artificial intelligence we want to make the traditionally closed-off and intimidating art world easily accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. We believe that by increasing access, we can expand the market and get more people educated and passionate about fine art.
Why work at Art.sy?
- First and foremost, you will get to work with the most wonderful and insanely talented team of people I have ever known. Seriously, I wake up every day and just marvel at how lucky I am to get to work with this team.
- There are no set hours or holidays, no pointless bureaucracy. Work whenever you want, wherever you want. That’s the beauty of hiring world-class people, they deliver incredible results and are wonderful to work with — what else matters? The Netflix Culture slides do the best job of describing how we think about culture at Art.sy. I highly recommend reading them.
- To create an awesome UX we employ cutting-edge technologies such as Node.js, Backbone.js, Coffeescript, Haml, Sass, Ruby on Rails, and MongoDB; but when we can’t find a technology that does what we need…
- We write our own open-source projects and contribute them back to the community. Check out Mongoid Full Text Search, Continuous Deployment on Heroku with Heroku Bartender, API Sandbox, and Gem Licenses.
- We are solving very hard problems. To make art historically relevant recommendations, you can’t rely on collaborative filtering alone. We do real-time search in 400 dimensional space (one dimension for every art historical category). We’ve developed clever probabilistic algorithms that allow us to do this very quickly.
- At its core, Art.sy is a technology company. In addition to the engineering team, both the CEO and COO have technical backgrounds. Our ultimate goal is to create Artificial Intelligence with the qualities of the world’s most omniscient art advisor. If Skynet ends up winning, at least it will have good taste :).
- We have partnered with over 120 of the largest galleries in the world and several major art museums. No startup has ever come so close to unlocking this massive data set before.
- We live in the gorgeously designed offices of General Assembly. Here we work along side many of the most exciting startups in NYC and enjoy stunning views of the Flatiron district’s most beautiful historic buildings.
- We have super-value-add investors and advisors including: Jack Dorsey, Joe Kennedy (CEO of Pandora), Charlie Cheever (Quora founder), Alexis O’Hanian (Reddit founder), Keith Rabois (COO Square), Founder Collective, Dave Morin (Path founder), Wendi Murdoch, Dasha Zhukova, and Thrive Capital.
At Art.sy, we are bringing art, science, design, and engineering together. Forgive the cliche, but there’s no better way to say it: we want to change the world.
If you want to change it with us, please drop me a line and include some links to the stuff you’ve built. My first name @ Art.sy.
11 Notes/ Hide
- anabella-chen reblogged this from carterac
- trampoline5d reblogged this from carterac
- xn----slbefaduec3bfcs8cycfbfdiq reblogged this from carterac
- frankdenbow likes this
- nic-rad likes this
- artsy reblogged this from carterac and added:
- carolinelau likes this
- carolinelau reblogged this from carterac and added:
- carterac posted this